This information is a guide only. We make every effort to ensure this guide is accurate and up to date but Xtra Dimensions, www.healthbeautygifts.com and all associated companies accept no liability in respect of any omission or error within this guide. The buyer should always satisfy themselves as to the ultimate suitability of any product intended for themselves or any intended application. In the unlikely event of an adverse reaction using any of our products Xtra Dimensions, www.healthbeautygifts.com and all associated companies accept no liability and no liability is accepted in respect of any reputed therapeutic characteristic.
1. Keep all essential oils out of reach of children, preferably in a locked cupboard or locked carry case and then out of reach. Remember they can be crafty devils at times and if they see you using or mixing oils it will look interesting to them and they may try to copy! If a child does ingest any essential oil DO NOT induce vomiting, give them one glass of water to drink and seek immediate medical attention giving as many details as possible such as products swallowed and amount. The best thing to remember is prevention is better than cure!
2. Also keep all essential oils away from pets.
3. Do not use essential oils neat on the skin. Essential oils should always be mixed with a base (or carrier) oil first. As a general guide there should be no more than 2% essential oil in a carrier oil. To help work this out 1ml of essential oil is roughly equivalent to 20 drops, 2ml = 40 drops etc. Therefore if you have a 100ml bottle of a carrier oil such as sweet almond you should mix no more than 40 drops of essential oil with it. Remember this guide is for adults, if mixing for children we always suggest you seek professional advice first! Lavender and tea tree are the ONLY two oils you can use neat on skin but always very small amounts (1-2 drops) and not on a regular basis. If adding essential oils to a bath dilute first in a small amount of full fat milk or dispersing bath oil base, if neither is available always agitate the water after adding the oil so it doesn’t settle on the surface and cause irritation.
4. Do not let essential oils come into contact with eyes. If oil does accidentally get in eyes flush with clean water and seek medical advice.
5. Always wash hands after using essential oils, this is the most common way to transfer oils into the eyes. Also don’t forget if using essential oils and you break off to go to the loo, wash hands FIRST, think about it! May not be too pleasant if you forget!
6. Do not take any essential oils orally.
7. If you are PREGNANT, BREAST FEEDING, EPILEPTIC, ASTHMATIC, have a HIGH/LOW BLOOD PRESSURE or any HEART CONDITION, SENSITIVE SKIN or any other specific condition always seek professional medical advice before using essential oils or essential oil based remedies such as ours. In particular do not use Clary sage products if you are pregnant and under 38 weeks as this can induce labour.
8. Some oils (especially citrus ones) are photosensitising and should not be used before exposure to direct sunlight or sunbed.
9. Keep neat essential oils away from plastic, painted or polished surfaces and never use near a naked flame or source of ignition.
10. Do not use machinery or drive after relaxation therapy or use of any soporific oils such as clary sage.
11. Some products may contain traces of nut oils. If unsure please ask us before use.
12. Some of our products are sent out with tamper evident caps. Please do not use a product should it arrive with this seal not intact. Please also note that we cannot give refunds or exchange products if this seal is broken for health and safety reasons. The only instance we can do this would be if there was a fault with the product which was then returned to us for disposal or investigation. Please check any such items match what you have ordered before opening them.
13. When using any product on the skin always apply a small amount to a test area first. There is a lot less chance an allergic reaction will occur with our natural products but there still is a slight chance and it’s better to test anything new first.
IF UNSURE, DON’T USE IT!
PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE!
The material and content on this page are for general information purposes only and should not be regarded as medical advice or to treat or cure a particular condition. Always consult your doctor before undertaking any change in exercise, diet (and supplements) or use of any natural products. If pregnant, breast feeding, high blood pressure or epileptic always consult a professional advisor before using any natural or herbal product.